Dear Friends and Family,
As it’s that time of year again, I sit in my favorite spot on the couch next to our little Christmas tree ready to give you the annual run down on the Anderson’s. I knew that before I would be ready, I would need to journal my thoughts on a blank piece of paper so I would know where to start. This year has been a crazy year of ups and downs, of laughter and tears, and of business and rest. Through it all, the one steady thing that stands out in my mind is how great the love of God has been shown to us over the past 12 months. I am paging through the events in my mind, and the truth of the matter is: GOD IS GOOD. I will proclaim his love all day long. He has been good to us and my heart is overwhelmed with thankfulness. That said, I want to tell you the top ten great gifts we’ve enjoyed this year:
10: Our new jobs and home in Omaha, Nebraska! In September, John and Autumn were offered jobs at an agency called “Omaha Home for Boys.” We work with boys that are wards of the state as well as parent placed kids with behavior issues. We are on several treatment teams that work to prepare the individual boys for reunification with their families after undergoing months of residential treatment here at our facility. We also have the opportunity to work right with the boys and their families as behavior coaches and family teachers. Last week we finished our final week of rigorous training and feeling very thankful that we have the opportunity to work with the intercity kids of Omaha.
9: During the months before our move to Omaha, we lived in Black River Falls, WI where John and I both worked temporary jobs- John learned to make hand-made furniture for a family owned furniture business and Autumn got to work with her brother at Hoffman Aquatic- which was way to much fun 😉
8: While in Wisconsin, we had the opportunity to spend some time with some dear friends of ours and Autumn was able to be involved in a women’s book study with some of her friends.
7. We were able head to Anderson cabins multiple weekends throughout the summer celebrating birthdays and the 4th of July and making up some lost time with our beloved nieces and nephews, brother’s and sisters!
6. Autumn was able to spend her birthday with her Papa (with whom she shares the day) in HER favorite spot to vacation- Lake Michigan in Door County! It was positively perfect!(also in attendance were her best friend/ brother, Garrett, Nana, mom, dad and Johnny!) =-)
5. John was able to go fishing multiple times this year with his dad at Hayden Lake (Anderson cabins) and Autumn was able to go fishing with her dad in Black River as well! Both were pleased with their catches!!
4. John has had three different state driver’s licences in the past year and a half!
3. We were able to go on a missions’ trip to St. Paul with the Kiel Alliance Youth group (all of whom we miss and love SOOO MUCH!!)!
2. Autumn was able to spend a weekend with her brother out west rock climbing in Spokane, Washington while John spent that time with his family fishing and hanging out in Minnesota!
1. We get to spend Christmas with the Andersons’ and New Year’s with the Buselmeier’s!!!!
Much love to all of you as you celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior this Christmas! May we be reminded of the many gifts He has showered upon us- mainly that of sending His Son to earth to take away our sin!